Monday, October 1, 2012

Yummy Dairy-Free Ice Cream

I have wanted to find a "healthy" ice cream recipe that I could make and share with people that can't have dairy. I have had requests for it before and tonight was a great find! I found a recipe on DelightedMomma.com called "Paleo Strawberry Ice Cream." You can find the recipe HERE and once I saw the picture and ingredient list, I knew I had to make it. It is super simple and here is my version of the directions:

In a bowl, add about 20 frozen strawberries. (I like frozen because of the extra juice they give once thawed). If they are super large, use a few less. Let them sit out and thaw enough to mash. Once mashed, add them to the following mixture:

1 can full fat coconut milk (I like the Sprouts Brand from Sprouts)
The juice of 1 medium-sized lime
2-3 T. honey (I think we were between those two)
2 T. vanilla
Once you add the strawberries, mix and add to your ice cream maker. I add mine once the maker is on and turning. It was done in 20 minutes and everyone LOVED it except my 4 year old. He ate about 5 bites and then went off to play.

 Jocelyn wanted to make sure I got a picture with her mouth open...so here it is!

Pretty and Light Pink!

Next time, I am going to try key lime ice cream with whole wheat graham cracker crumbs. YUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment