Sunday, September 25, 2011

I'm back!

I wrote the last post in August right before we left for our trip to San Diego. After a fun and tiring two week trip, we came home and packed our house and moved down the street! We were very excited to buy our home, yet the timing was crazy! The kids were starting school and we were still exhausted from our trip. We closed escrow on August 31st and moved in. I am happy to say that tonight we unpacked the last of the boxes that we have had planned and are ready to get our lives moving again!
It was hard to not get to cook for a few weeks. Having meals brought it from friends and neighbors was a huge blessing, but we have truly gotten out of our grove!
It was nice this week to cook again in my new kitchen.
I thought I would celebrate this post with a fun and unusual side dish.




Cauliflower Rice

Directions:
On your cutting board, cut one head of cauliflower up into large chunks. You then want to put half the batch in your food processor and pulse until the cauliflower resembles rice grains. When it is to that point, dump out the blended mixture and pour on a baking sheet. Pulse the second half the same way and add to the baking sheet.
I then drizzled olive oil, lightly over the top.
I finished with freshly cracked pepper, sea salt, onion, and garlic powder.

Bake at 400, stirring every 5 minutes until the edges start to brown. Enjoy with stir-fry, or veggies, or just by itself. We actually had it with free range, organic, BBQ chicken, something we haven't had in a LONG time and fresh green beans! The kids didn't even ask what it was...they just ate it. I thought it looked like couscous!

Have a fabulous Day!

1 comment: