Monday, November 7, 2011

Easy Snack


If you are tired of eating salad, try rolling it up like tacos. I left one open so you can see what is in it. I like to use butter lettuce, because it rolls nicely and isn't too crunchy. To my lettuce tacos, I add:
alfalfa sprouts
red pepper, thinly sliced
cucumber wedges
broccoli slaw (in a bag by the coleslaw)
avocado slices

I like to dip these in a raw ranch dressing from www.danielschallenge.com. Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

1 C. raw cashews (one review said you could cut the nut amount in half...so I will try that next time)
3/4 C. - 1 C. water, depending on thickness of dressing
2 T. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 t. garlic powder
1/2 t. onion powder
1/2 t. sea salt
1 t. dried basil
1 t. dried dill
2 T. chia seeds (optional)

Put all in your blender and blend on high until smooth. Refrigerate before serving. Perfect for dipping!

1 comment: