Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Oil Dissolves Oil...Duh!

(Picture from HERE)


When I saw my niece a month ago, I couldn't believe how clean her face was. She had no makeup on, and hardly any acne spots were visible. I was amazed and couldn't help but wonder what she was using on her face. She told me: a mixture of Olive Oil and Caster Oil. I think I was stunned. I had never heard of this before. The concept is that oil dissolves oil....like dissolves like. You are basically using "good oil" to clean out and replace the "bad oil" on your face (acne, blackheads..etc)

I couldn't help but give it a try. She forwarded me the website where she got her information.

simplemom.net has all the information you need to get started. You can go to the exact post HERE


WHAT COMBINATION IS BEST?

Based on your skin type, there are different ratios of oil to use. She says the following:

* normal skin: equal ratio of caster oil (found it in the pharmacy section of walmart) and extra virgin olive oil

*extra oily skin: try three parts caster oil to one part olive oil

* dry skin: one part caster oil to three parts olive oil

David and I just started out with equal parts that we combined in a squirt bottle (found in the cooking section of walmart) and use about a quarter sized drop of our mixture each night.

Instructions:
Rub the oil in your hands and work into all parts of your face. I usually do this for about a minute.

Then take a clean wash cloth and put under the faucet and get it as hot as your hands can handle.. Hold it close to your face and let the steam soak up in your skin. I usually do this twice and then gently wipe off the oil.

If I am in a hurry, I put the oil on my face and then just use the steam in the shower to clean it.

The oil is great to clean off make up and just feels really good.

You can also add a few drops of tea tree essential oil (great antiseptic) in your hand. I just got this today so I will be trying it out this week.

We only need to do it once a day. I usually do it at night and just rinse my face off with water when I wake up.

I will be making up another bottle for my kids to help them keep their skin clean. It is great and my blackheads are slowly going away. I LOVE IT!

Give it a try. It is inexpensive and natural and great for you. Your skin will thank you.

Let me know if you have any questions.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Very interesting. I think I'm going to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete