Monday, March 28, 2011

Thai Peanut Salad!


Ok...so I know I have said over and over how much I like things I make...but this is by far my FAVORITE! David gave it an "8" out of ten. We ate this for dinner. This is from Original Fast Foods Website (http://www.danielschallenge.com/) I made a few slight changes, but it is super great! I can't wait to make it again when all my family comes into town this weekend. Here you go!


Salad Ingredients:

1.5 C. shredded carrots

1 medium zucchini, cut into thin matchsticks

1.5 sprouted mung beans (learn how to easily sprout beans, HERE).

6 Cups shredded Napa cabbage

1.2 C. cilantro, finely chopped

1/2 bunch green onions, chopped

1/4 C. sesame seeds (more for garnish)

1/2 package brown rice pad Thai noodles, cooked (found these at the health food store)


Peanut Butter Dressing:

1 T. fresh garlic, minced

1 inch fresh ginger

1/4 C. water

1/3 C. natural organic peanut butter

1/3 C. honey

1/4 t. red pepper flakes

1/4 C. Braggs Liquid Aminos (click here if you don't know what this is)

2 T. rice vinegar

1 t. chili garlic sauce (I bought the Taste of Thai brand at the grocery store)


Directions:

Combine salad ingredients together in a large bowl.

Combine dressing ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth and warm. Combine peanut dressing with salad, toss well and serve. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment