This recipe was inspiried from a recipe by Bush's Beans that I found HERE.
Here is what I did to make it taste even better (I was feeding extra people, and this really made a lot). Feel free to cut it in half if you want:
olive oil for sauteing
1 small onion, diced onion
3 garlic cloves, minced
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a big pot, saute onion and garlic in a little olive oil. Add salt and once onion is translucent, add rice and stir for a few minutes.
3. Once boiling, reduce heat so rice will continue cooking at a high simmer
4. After ten minutes of cooking, add in zucchini and yellow squash, beans, tomatoes, and Italian seasoning.
5. Once rice is pretty much done, turn off heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
6. My kids like Parmesan cheese on theirs and we added extra salt and pepper. Much more flavor the second day. Serve with a BIG green salad with lots of veggies!