Thursday, July 14, 2011

Wheat-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies

I checked out this awesome cookbook from the library : VEGANOMICON! It is full of amazing recipes, and this is one of our family favorites so far. I made these while we had movie night last night with the kids and my nephew and new niece. The entire batch was gone before I could even take a picture (so I had to borrow one)... Enjoy!!




(picture from: http://www.smittenkitchen.com/)



Ingredients:
1 3/4 C. oat flour (oats ground finely in a blender will do just fine..I added a little more flour to make the dough less sticky)
1/2 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1/4 C. brown sugar
1/2 C. natural sugar
1/3 C. canola oil (I will try coconut oil next)
1 T. ground flax seeds
1/4 C. soy milk
1 t. vanilla
3/4 C. good quality chocolate chips


Directions:

Sift together the oat flour, baking soda, and salt.

In a bowl, whisk together flax seeds and soy milk. Add the brown and white sugars and stir, add the vanilla. Whisk about 1 minute

Mix the wet ingredients into the dry and fold in chocolate chips.

NOTE: I ADDED IN THE OIL LAST AND WORKED IT IN AND IT MADE A THICKER DOUGH WHICH LED TO COOKIES NOT SO FLAT..SO IF YOU WANT TO TRY THAT. ADD THE OIL NOW AT THE END!

Drop batter by the tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes before you transfer to a cooling rack!

WARNING: These are really yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment