Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Speghetti Squash my favorite way!

How to Cook Spaghetti Squash:


Cut off the end of the squash and then cut lengths wise. Scrape out the seeds and sprinkle with fresh sea salt and pepper. Turn flesh side down and put in a Pyrex. Bake at 400 for about 45 minutes until you can put an indent with your thumb in the squash skin. Once cool, scrape out the squash and it should shred like spaghetti!


Sometimes, we will just eat it as a side dish or top with our favorite marinara sauce. This time, I used an Alfredo sauce from Oh She glows. As you can see from the picture, I just lightly drizzled the squash (and steamed broccoli) with the sauce. Enjoy!

Alfredo Sauce
from: Oh She Glows

1/3 C. raw cashews
1 garlic clove
3 T. nutritional yeast
3/4 C. unsweetened almond milk and maybe a little more to reach desired consistency
1 T fresh lemon juice
2 T. non-dairy butter (like Earth Balance)
2 T. Tamari soy sauce
2 t. Dijon mustard
1 T. Tahihi
pinch of nutmeg (I just used the tiniest bit)
sea salt and pepper to taste
1/2 t. paprika

Directions:
Throw everything in your blender and blend until smooth! I love this recipe and I love everything I have tried from Oh She Glows. com. Why try to invent my own recipes, when she does them just the way I like!

No comments:

Post a Comment