Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Me with Victoria and Jocelyn in my bed when they brought me breakfast!

Yesterday was a great day! The kids wanted to bring me breakfast in bed, but David wasn't sure what I would want to eat...so sweet of him to plan ahead. We came up with this yummy breakfast for the girls and him to make for me...and I have to say, it tastes awesome and I made
it for myself again today:

Strawberry Pecan Bowl:
Here is it!

In a bowl, chop one small banana, a handful of strawberries and a few pecans.
Top with a few tablespoons thickly shredded coconut and a T of almond butter.
Drizzle coconut milk over the top and enjoy!

Me and the kids at church: Victoria, Jocelyn and Tyler

After breakfast and church, we went to our friend's house (Matt and Jen Stewart) for dinner. Jen made my favorite Raw Chocolate Mousse Peanut Butter Pie that our friend Liz taught us how to make...it was the perfect treat for Mother's Day! I couldn't help but be super happy! What a wonderful day. Thanks Honey for the love! (David loved being at the Stewart's cause we got to eat in the big kids dining room and all the kids ate in the other room...lovely!)

David and Me...11 1/2 years!


Liz's Raw Chocolate Mousse Peanut Butter Pie:

Ingredients:

Chocolate Crust:
2 C. walnuts, u soaked
6 Medjool dates, pitted, unsoaked
1/4 C. cocoa powder
1/4 t. sea salt

Chocolate Layer:
2 avocados diced
1/2 C. agave nectar
1/4 C. cocoa powder
1/4 C. water
2 t. vanilla
2 T. coconut butter

Almond Butter Layer:
1/4 C. almond butter (i use peanut butter)
1/2 C. cashews, unsoaked
1/2 C. agave nectar
2 T. coconut butter
1/2 C. water

Directions:
1. In food processor, combine walnuts, sea salt and dates until walnuts become crumbs. Add cocoa powder and mix well. Press crust into a spring form pan. Place in freezer

2. For the chocolate layer, combine avocados, agave nectar, coconut butter, water and vanilla extract in the blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Remove crust from freezer and pour chocolate mousse over the crust and place back in the freezer.

3. For the nut butter layer, add the cashews and agave to the blender until cashews break down a bit. Add the nut butter of choice and coconut butter. The mixture will become thick very quickly, have the water on hand to stream in the running blender, using additional water if necessary. Pour the mousse into the pan. Return to the freezer for at least 4 hours to set!
Enjoy this beautiful raw treat! It is truly amazing and brings a smile to my face :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!! I can't wait to make that raw pie, I vote we try it next WOW get together. Happy Mothers Day, it looks like you had an amazing day...almost as amazing as mine ;).

    Love ya,

    Cody

    ReplyDelete