Friday, May 13, 2011

What do I eat for lunch?

I have had quite a few people interested in what I eat for lunch? I rarely have enough time to make lunch, like I do dinner. I try to always eat at least 1 pound of vegetables at lunch. By the time 12:30 rolls around, my body is actually asking me for veggies...so I try to deliver.

Here is a picture of a typical lunch for myself. It includes:
tons of chopped veggies (I try to rotate so I don't get tired of the same thing)
a cooked veggie burger from Costco (they are new and come in a white box.)
(I spray Bragg's amino acids on my burger to give it a great flavor)
1/2 C. beans (I really like white kidney beans)
a small serving of brown rice pasta
2 oz. of avocado
a drizzle of either balsamic vinaigrette or Cashew Ranch from Original Fast Foods.

Here is the recipe for Cashew Ranch Dressing:

In your blender. blend:
1 C. raw cashews
3/4 C. water (more if you want it to be thinner the next day)
2 T. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 t. garlic powder (sometimes I do more like 3/4 t.)
1/2 t. onion powder
1/4 t. REAL salt
1 t. dried basil
1 t. dried dill
1 to 2 T. chia seeds if you want it really think

Blend until smooth, except the chia seeds. If you want it thick, add chia seeds and let sit for 10 minutes. Enjoy!

I love this dressing. It also works great if you want something creamy on a taco! Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment