Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Raw Energy Bars

Raw Melissa has several recipes that you can get for free on her website. I love her cookbook too, but I also love the freebies she has posted. I have had the opportunity to go to her raw cooking class and have had the privilege to be served a four course dinner that she creates. She is a beautiful, talented and inspired women who makes wonderfully tasting food that is healthy, beautiful and much of it is raw.
The link to her granola bar recipe is HERE. She also has an an awesome chocolate banana smoothie recipe on there too!

Here is what you do:
First, add 7 cups of the following (combine however you would like:rolled oats, raisins, pumpkin seeds, pecans, shredded coconut, chopped almonds, chopped dried fruit, rolled quinoa, hulled buckwheat, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, flax seeds....)
(I did 4 Cups oats, 1/2 C. sunflower seeds, 1/2 C. pumpkin seeds, 1 C. shredded coconut, 1/2 C. diced dried cherries, 1/2 C. grain sweetened chocolate chips).

1 C. coconut oil

3 C. dates (soaked in water for 20 minutes)

1 t. sea salt

Directions:
1. Drain the dates and set the date water aside
2. Pulse in a food processor until the dates turn into a paste
3. If they seem to dry, add a little of the date water until you reach a smooth consistency like a nut butter
4.Add the rest of your ingredients and mix well together
5. Pat in a a 13x9 pan that is lined with parchment paper
6. I put mine in my oven on the lowest setting for a few hours and then let cool. I cut them in little pieces and wrapped in foil. I keep them in my freezer like in the picture below. They are great to have before or after a run.

No comments:

Post a Comment