Saturday, January 22, 2011

Raw Protein Granloa Bars

David and I LOVE these raw granola bars. The kids are still not sure. We make them individually and wrap in saran wrap and freeze: Here is our version (original from: loveveggiesandyoga.com). (They might not be officially "raw", but for us they are a huge improvement from eating store bought bars).
1 mashed banana
1/4-1/3 C. coconut oil (not solid)
2 C. Oats
1/2 C. coconut (i use the unsweetened)
1/2 C. fruit (we like craisens)
1/2 C. agave (or pure maple syrup)
1/2 C. natural nut butter (we like peanut butter)
1/4-1/2 C. chocolate chips (i got some that were sweetened with fruit at the health food store..they are awesome).
2 t. vanilla
1 t. cinnamon
2 scoops protein powder (next time I will add more)
2 T. ground flax seeds
2 T. hemp seeds, chia seeds, or whatever else you want.
Throw it all in a giant bowl and mix and try not to eat it all before you make the bars. You really can't mess these up. Just change the flavors to your liking. I just shape them in my hands as rectangles that fit in my palm. Wrap each one and throw in the freezer. These are one of my favorite snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment