Last week was rough for me..I won't lie! This week....completely AMAZING!!! My body asks for for nutrient-dense foods and when I deliver...I am rewarded. Today I probably had my hardest triathalon class I can remember...and I wanted to keep going.
It is soo nice to feel strong..to feel happy..to feel relaxed...to feel energized...to feel at peace...to know that I am doing a great thing for myself and for my family!
The coolest part is...is that I feel like I am helping people. I have had a few people email me with some more specific questions, a few phone calls, and a few people knock on my door wanting to learn what I have learned...and I am happy to share. Happy to share a message of success, of longevity, a message of renewed balance and especially, ENERGY!
Have the STRENGTH to branch out and BE BRAVE...be brave to do something that others laugh at, and many don't understand...They only tease you or don't understand, because they lack the knowledge that you have...the knowledge to live a disease-free life!
WE have a huge choice to make while we are on this earth...to LIVE or DIE? You get to pick the path you are on...even if you are sick...even if you are in chronic pain and you can't see an end to your suffering...you still get to choose at this very moment if you are fighting and doing everything in your power to LIVE!
If what I say isn't enough, here is what DR .FUHRMAN says about increasing your life span:
High-nutrient, low-calorie eating results in dramatic increases in life span as well as prevention of chronic illnesses. From rodents to primates, we see:
1. Resistance to experimentally induced cancers
2. Protection from spontaneous and genetically predisposed cancers
3. A delay in the onset of late-life diseases
4. Nonappearance of atherosclerosis and diabetes
5. Lower cholesterol and triglycerides and increased HDL
6. Improved insulin sensitivity
7. Enhancement of the energy-conservation mechanism, including reduced body temperature (i can tell mine is lower now..which is awesome for an athlete, because it gives you that extra allowance to push yourself that you competitor might not have)
8. Reduction in oxidative stress
9. Reduction in parameters of cellular again, including cellular congestion
10. Enhancement of cellular repair mechanisms, including DNA repair enzymes
11. Reduction in inflammatory response and immune cell proliferation
12. Improved defenses against environmental stress
13. Suppression of the genetic alterations associated with aging
14. Protection of genes associated with removal of oxygen radicals
15. Inhibited production of metabolites that are potent cross-linking agents
16. Slowed metabolic rate
The link between thinness and longevity, and obesity and a shorter life span, is concrete." (Eat to Live, pg. 27)