Sunday, April 24, 2011

The PIE that changes everything!

If you could eat something soo good for you that also satisfied that sweet craving...why would you ever go back to that junky stuff.. Through a friend, I came across this e-book made by a couple whose names are Jonsi and Alex. All their recipes are raw. I have only tried one...and WOW..am I glad I did. My kids don't like it and neither does my husband..because they are not apple dessert fans..I am totally OK with this because I am in love! This is the perfect breakfast..no joke. And with only 2 T. of agave, this is pretty Nutritarian if I do say so myself..If not..let me know and I won't make it again for the next 5 weeks..but it really doesn't get much better than this. Enjoy!
Here is the link to the entire ebook and you can also see a more professional picture of this yummy thin!

Here is the recipe for Arkansas Apple Pie:

Crust: Blend the following ingredients, one at a time, in your food processor to make this amazing crust (might just make the crust next time to eat..)
1 C. coconut (not the sweetened stuff)
1 C. pecans
1 C. dates
1 t. cinnamon
2 pinches salt
2 T. almond butter (I used the almond butter from ohsheglows.com that you can see HERE)

Pat into your pie pan. I used a springform pan.

Then spread a layer of almond butter over the pie crust and try not to drool already.

Then, in your food processor, blend until smooth:
2 1/2 granny smith apples (peels on of course)
1 C. dates
2 T. agave
Pour this into your pie crust

Then, blend another 2 1/2 apples (used organic galas here) just until chunky and put into the pie crust and mix with the other apple mixture.

Drizzle almond butter (i used organic peanut butter) and fresh thinly cut apple slices over the cake.

OH MY GOSH!!!! I can't stand it...this is my FAVORITE thing I have made on my "journey" so far!

PEACE, LOVE, and many slices of Arkansas Apple Pie!
(Sorry for the crappy picture..I really just wanted to eat my apple pie and not be bothered with a picture)

No comments:

Post a Comment