Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Raw Chocolate Milkshake!

My friend, Lilly sent me this website that I haven't been to before and it is really awesome! You can check it out HERE!
Sarah Britton is a vegetarian chef and makes beautiful dishes. I have a stack of stuff waiting to try from her blog and if they are all as great as the first one, then I am really excited. For those of you craving a good chocolate milkshake and are eating nutritarian, vegan, or just want a healthy alternative, then this baby is for you (and for me which I will consume every day now until I get tired of it!)

On her blog, Sarah calls it the "Raw Chocolate Milkshake Miracle."
Here is my version: You can see the actual post here!

In your blender, add:
1/8-1/4 C. hemp seeds
2 T raw cacao (cocoa powder if you don't have the good stuff)
I C. spinach (I added this)
1 large frozen banana
1/2-1 whole avocado
1 dropper full of stevia (or 2 T. honey, agave or maple syrup)
dash sea salt
1 C. water
1 C. ice

Blend until smooth. The consistency is awesome...very thick and creamy! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you!! I am so excited to try this and give it to my husband. He will be delighted!! We are trying to do the Fuhrman challenge together.

    ReplyDelete