Thursday, March 24, 2011

Easy Peanut Butter Wrap

While I was in Moab this past weekend for my half marathon, we got to eat at some super cool yummy, healthy restaurants. I ate this awesome Peanut Butter wrap after my run. I made them for my kids yesterday and had no complaints....perfect for a fast meal, that you still want to be nutritious. Since I don't have chicken nuggets and frozen pizzas in my freezer anymore...I love finding some fast healthy things I can feed my kids on the go....

Side Note before the recipe: I used Flat Outs for this recipe. I buy them at Costco. They have whole grains and 10 grams of protein. They have a few ingredients that I am not crazy about, but if I don't have time to make sprouted tortillas, this is a easy staple that I keep in my freezer. We also use these flat outs for quick pizzas.
Pizza: Put two flat outs on a cookie sheet. Spread with a little of your favorite organic pizza sauce and top with fresh chopped basil and a few thin slices of fresh mozzarella cheese. Bake at 400 or until the edges are crispy. My kids LOVE these...and my husband does too.



Peanut Butter Wrap:

Flat Outs

organic peanut butter

thinly sliced Fuji apple

thinly sliced banana

fresh blueberries

granola
(i got some at the health food store, only sweetened with honey. when I don't have time to make it...this is great to have on hand for a snack or cereal for the kids)

agave to drizzle.

Instructions:
Spread a very thin layer of peanut butter on the entire flat out. On one half, scatter apple and banana slices, a few blueberries and a good sprinkle of granola for a crunch. Drizzle with agave and roll up. Cut in half. Yummy!

2 comments:

  1. This is YOU Leanna! Ha, it was funny reading your post and realizing this was your blog... I love what you've put together here. I think all you Nutritarians have convinced me to dive in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome! I am kind of doing it my own way, because I am training so hard right now. I plan on doing a half ironman triathalon in June. I am still making adjustments to what my body needs...but it really is great! Let me know if there is a recipe you are looking for or want me to try to create :)!

    ReplyDelete