Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Gwam Crackers


I found this yummy recipe HERE. My kids love them and they hold up great in their lunches! Don't let them cook too long or they will burn...which is always a sad thing:

GWAM Crackers:
1 1/2 C. whole wheat flour (I used sprouted wheat)
1/3 C. sugar (I used sucanat...pure cane sugar)
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. cinnamon
scant 1/2 t. sea salt
1/4 C. oil (I used a blend of pure canola/olive oil)
2 T. unsulphered molassas
1 t. pure vanilla
1/4 C. milk: raw milk, rice milk, coconut milk...etc.

1. Preheat oven to 350.

2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Make a well in the middle and pour in oil, molasses and vanilla. Stir everything together until combined.

3. Slowly add in your milk and then use your hands to knead the dough a few times until it holds together. If you need to add more milk then add it. It should be able to make a nice ball of dough.

4. Place a piece of parchment on your counter top (this is to help the dough from sticking). I spray PAM on my rolling pin. Roll dough into a rectangle. Dough should be about 1/8 inch thick (probably 10x14 inch rectangle).


5. Cut dough into square crackers, or any other shapes you want. You can trim off the edges, if you want them to look really pretty, or just cut away. I use a really small spatula (like my one from pampered chef) and carefully scoop them up and put them on my GREASED cookie sheet.

6. You can poke them with a fork, so they look like normal graham crackers. Bake for 12-14 minutes at 350. Let cool and and then enjoy dipped in peanut butter or fresh almond milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment