Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Quinao Burgers

(the dumb picture won't turn the right way...sorry)
I made these burgers yesterday and we will be having them tonight for dinner. Because I was starving yesterday, as soon as I made them, I cut one up and layered it in an Ezekiel tortilla (you can learn about these sprouted products HERE) with purple cabbage, avocado and lettuce. Yummy!


I found the recipe at: http://www.simplehealthytasty.com/:


1 Cup Quinoa, cooked (I used sprouted. Click on sprouting on the right hand side to see how to do this)

1/2 C. spinach, chopped

1/2 C. carrots, grated

1/2 C. zucchini, grated

1/2 C. tahini (sesame butter)

1/2 t. dill weed

1 t. salt

1/2 t. pepper

1/4 C. oat flour (made by putting oats in the blender. I used oat groats..the whole oat kernel)


Mix the first four ingredients together. Then, in a separate bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients together. Add to first mixture and then using 1/4 C., drop onto greased and heated frying pan.

Press into a patty and cook until golden brown and then flip and cook the other side. Try not to keep turning, or they will get crumbly. Top with whatever sounds great. For our burgers tonight, we have whole wheat thin buns, avocado, tomato, Veganaise, lettuce and green pepper.


No comments:

Post a Comment