Cody, finishing our fabulous meal...thanks for the menu ideas!
(from Cooking Light..fresh, fast food: weeknight meals)
Orange and Bulgar Salad (Didn't have beets so we used a different root vegetable)
1 3/4 C. water
1 C. uncooked Bulgar
1 Medium beet, peeled
2 navel oranges
2 T. chopped parsley, 2 T. red wine vinegar, 2 T. olive oil, 1/2 t. salt, 1/4 t. pepper
Top with crumbled feta or goat cheese
1. Bring water to a boil; stir in Bulgar. Cover, remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes.
2. Roast beet in over (or microwave if you are short on time. You can do this by covering beet with three damp paper towels and put in on a plate. Microwave for 6 minutes or until tender)
3. While beet cooks, peel oranges, cutting crosswise to make wagon wheel slices. Cut beet into moon shaped sliced.
4. Place Bulgar on four plates, top with oranges, beets, crumbled cheese and parsley vinaigrette
(301 Calories, 13.6 g. fat for salad. 63 Calories for salad, 7 g. healthy fat!)
Marie, Me and Cody
To keep on your "healthy" path:
1. share something you learned with someone else
2. tell youself it is worth the journey, even when it is hard